In case you were not able to join us, here is a recap:
On Friday afternoon, February 17, conference participants embarked on tours of Texas A&M’s Luedecke Cyclotron Institute, Texas A&M’s Central Utility Plant, The George Bush Presidential Library and Museum, and Messina Hof Winery. Following the tours was a Mardi Gras-themed networking social complete with entertainment by the Aggie Wranglers and Apotheosis acapella group.
Saturday kicked off bright and early with a welcome breakfast hosted by one of our Gold Sponsors, AT&T. Polly Bessel, who leads AT&T’s Integrator Solutions Program Office, spoke to us about her life and career. Thank you, Polly and the AT&T team, for sharing your Saturday with us!
After the joint meeting Collegiates and Professionals split up for their own business meetings. To start the Professional meeting, Carol Bachman, Deputy Chair of the Society Nominating Committee, shared on the responsibility and process of nominations and voting at the Society level. Then we had a discussion on Region funding proposals; please get in touch with your Section Representative if you have ideas or proposals.
- Dianne Beever – Distinguished Service Award
- Kate Hull – Emerging Leader, Professional
- Samantha Zellner – Emerging Leader, Collegiate
- Lennox International Inc. – Sustaining Benefactor Award
- C006 Fort Worth Section – Professional Section/MAL Participation Award
- C063 The University of Texas at Austin – Outstanding Collegiate Section
- C065 Texas Tech University – Innovative New Program, Collegiate
- C063 The University of Texas at Austin – Creative Membership Award, Collegiate
- C051 University of Houston – Innovative Existing Program, Collegiate
- Highest Membership Growth
- Professional: C049 MALs (48%)
- Collegiate: C089 McNeese State University (200%)
- Highest Membership Retention
- Professional: C008 Texas Space Center (61.9%)
- Collegiate: C070 Southern Methodist University (94.34%)
- Governor's Choice Awards
- Sherry Williams - Region Lt Governor
- Tori Tinsley - Region Treasurer
- Alicia Kiremire - Region Secretary
- Bita Behgooy - Collegiate Representative (RCR)
- Kyndall Semones - Collegiate Representative (RCR)
- Amanda Metzler - Collegiate Communication Editor (RCCE)
- Naomi Beltrand - SWEFL
- Samantha Zellner - SWEFL
- Prerna Jain - Graduate Representative (RGR)
- Megan Rodriguez - Conference Chair
The Conference Team also presented a $300 donation to Girl Scouts of Central Texas.
After dinner, conference participants finished the night socializing in downtown Bryan.
Sunday morning everyone enjoyed breakfast at the conference hotel before traveling home.