If you were unable to join us, here are some highlights from the weekend's activities:
- Check out the Facebook photo album on our Region C page.
- Special guests Jeessica Rannow (SWE President Elect) and Cindy Hoover (SWE Treasurer) were in attendance.
- We welcomed several keynote speakers from our Diamond Sponsor WalMart and Platinum Sponsor Baldor and held great tours of local facilities at both companies!
- The Awards Banquet was a celebration of individual and Section accomplishments in the past year! You can view the Award recipients for 2016 and past years here.
- Eleven Tiny Turtles were bestowed upon our Collegiate Sections in attendance. Take care of your little hatchlings and pass them on to your new section leaders when you graduate!
- We had a successful Poster Competition! Congratulations to our winners:
1st Place: Mohab Dessounki, "The Influence of CEC, Salinity, and Silt Content on the Stress Dependent Petrophysical Properties of Resedimented Mudrocks"
2nd Place: Jasmina Burek, "Environmental Sustainability of Distribution and Retail Center Networks in the United States"
3rd Place: Mengying Yuan, "High 1 Performance Solid Polymer Electrolyte with Graphene Oxide Nano Sheets for Flexible Lithium Ion Batteries"
- A Lt. Governor's Challenge Award was given to the University of North Texas during the Collegiate meeting for the most participation of the Region C Collegiate Section Presidents Facebook page!
- Slides from our Region C Joint Business Meeting
- Slides from the Professional Meeting